10 Days Rwanda & Kenya Safari
10 Days Rwanda & Kenya Safari is an exclusive safari experience package that travelers can engage in and have a chance of exploring the best in Wildlife. 10 days of visiting volcanoes national park in Rwanda and Masai Mara national reserve with amazing wildlife experiences across borders as seen in the itinerary below;
Highlights of the 10 Days Rwanda & Kenya Safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe national park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- Day 5: Transfer to Kigali and flight to Nairobi
- Day 6: Transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 7: Morning and evening game drives
- Day 8: Transfer to Amboseli national park
- Day 9: Full day Amboseli national park
- Day 10: Transfer to Nairobi
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Ruhengeri
- Arrival and transfer to Ruhengeri: Your guide will welcome you and brief you in regards to your safari. After briefing, you will have a brief city tour where you will visit the Kimironko market and the genocide memorial site. You will also enjoy your lunch in Kigali after which your guide will drive you to Ruhengeri where you will check in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Le Bambou gorilla lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: After breakfast at your lodge on the second day of your trip, you will be driven to the park headquarters of Volcanoes national park for briefing in regards to your gorilla trekking activity by officials of the Rwanda Development Board (RDB). You will proceed along the rugged landscape of the national park which is also characterized by bamboo trees along the slopes. You will spend about an hour with the gorillas in their natural habitat.
- Community Visit: After your gorilla trekking activity, you will have an optional community visit during which you will spend time getting to know the local community and learning more about their way of life accompanied by a local guide. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Le Bambou gorilla lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Nyungwe national park
- Transfer to Nyungwe: You will have breakfast at your lodge on the 3rd day of your safari and then check out of the lodge. Your guide will drive you to Nyungwe national park and you will have a stopover for lunch and later continue to your destination where you will check-in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Gisakura visitor center.
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- Chimpanzee tracking: You will wake up early morning for your chimpanzee trekking activity and enjoy an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will proceed for your briefing about chimpanzee tracking and then continue into Nyungwe forest which has a variety of plant and bird species as well as primates such as vervet monkeys, colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys among others.
- Canopy walk: You will return to your lodge for lunch. After lunch, you will proceed for your next activity which is a canopy walk. During the canopy walk, you will catch the beautiful view of the rest of the forest as you walk along the suspended bridge. After the canopy walk, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at the Gisakura visitor center.
Day 5; transfer to Kigali and flight to Nairobi
- Transfer to Kigali: After breakfast at your lodge and checking out of the lodge, you will be driven to the airport for your flight to Nairobi.
- Flight to Nairobi: Your Kenya guide will meet you at the airport and brief you about your trip to Kenya and then drive you to your lodge where you will check-in and have dinner and overnight at La Maison Royale hotel.
Day 6: Transfer to Masai Mara national reserve
- Transfer to Masai Mara: You will have breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi and you will be driven by your guide who will drive you to Masai Mara national reserve with a stopover in Narok town where you will have lunch and also interact with the Maasai people who make up the local community in the surrounding area of Masai Mara national reserve. The Maasai are known for their unique culture in terms of their way of dressing, nomadic practices, traditions and norms among other aspects.
- Game viewing experience: After your experience in Narok, you will proceed to Masai Mara national reserve where you will have an enroute game viewing experience during which you will see a variety of wildlife species such as the big five which the reserve is known for as well as other wildlife species on your way to your lodge where you will check-in for dinner and overnight at Sentrim Mara lodge.
Day 7: Morning and Evening game drives
- Morning Game Drive: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge and you will be driven around the Masai Mara national reserve for an enroute game drive where you will see a variety of wildlife species which are easy to spot during this time of day and they include lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, buffalos, cheetahs, giraffes, wildebeest, zebras, hyenas, waterbucks, kudus, hartebeests among others as well as a variety of bird species.
- Evening Game Drive: You will return to your lodge for lunch and relax ahead of your evening game drive where you will explore the reserve again in search of different wildlife species as you enjoy the sunset and the scenery in the surroundings of the reserve.
Day 8: Transfer to Amboseli national park
- Transfer to Amboseli: You will have morning breakfast at your lodge in Masai Mara reserve and then check out of the lodge. Your guide will drive you as you proceed to Amboseli national park with a stopover in Nairobi for lunch.
- Game Drive: After lunch, you will continue with your journey to Amboseli national park with an enroute game viewing experience as you watch the different wildlife species roaming and grazing in the open savannah plains of the national park on your way to your lodge for check-in and dinner and overnight at AA Lodge Amboseli.
Day 9: Full day Amboseli national park
- Full day Amboseli: Wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for your morning game drive. You will be driven around the national park as you explore the savannah plains and spot the various wildlife species which are active during the morning. You will also enjoy seeing Africa’s highest mountain which is Mt Kilimanjaro in the backdrop of the national park.
- Evening Game Drive: You will return to your lodge for lunch and relax. You will also have an evening game drive where you will see more wildlife species and then continue to your lodge for dinner and overnight at AA Lodge Amboseli.
Day 10: Transfer to Nairobi
- Transfer to Nairobi: On the last day of your safari, you will have breakfast and check out of your lodge. you will then be driven by your guide to Nairobi where you will be dropped off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- Park entry fees
- Gorilla Permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- Canopy walk
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals during the safari
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Breakfast and lunch in Kigali on day 1
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary,
- Porterage and wait staff gratuity